1 Medium Onion, chopped
2 Tbsp Butter
2 ½ Cups Cooked Chicken, shredded
4oz Cream Cheese, cubed
1 tsp Posole Seasoning
2 Cups Cheddar Cheese Shredded (or more if you love cheese!!)
12 Corn Tortillas
- Preheat oven to 350 Degrees
- Cook onion in butter until translucent but not brown. Stir in shredded chicken, Red/Green Chile Blend or Abuelas Traditional Red Chile, Cream Cheese and Posole Powder. Heat through. Remove from heat. Stir in 1 Cup of the shredded cheese.
- Heat oil in small skillet until hot but not smoking. Quickly fry each tortilla in oil to soften about 2 seconds on each side. Drain on paper towels. OR Warm skillet medium heat and spray with Pam and warm the tortilla on each side to soften them.
- Spoon the chicken mixture down center of each tortilla; roll and place seam side down in greased 9X13 baking dish.
- Spoon more chile (whichever you choose to use) evenly over the enchiladas. Cover with remaining cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees about 15 minutes or until cheese is melted through.
Serve with beans and rice! And we like to eat it with some Caesar Salad as well. Enjoy!