Hatch Chile Carnitas Huevos Rancheros
7 ½ - 8 Hours
515 Calories Per Serving
- 1 boneless pork shoulder butt roast, halved
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- ½ Tbsp salt
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 can (15 oz) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 12 large eggs
- 4 medium ripe avocados, peeled and sliced (optional)
- 1 Jar of Pure Hatch Green Chile Sauce
- ½ tbsp Hatch Red Chile Table Seasoning
- ½ tbsp Hatch Green Chile Spice
- 1 Jar of Papa's Chunky Hatch Chile Salsa
- 12 Red or Green Chile tortillas
1. Season the Roast
Rub roast with oil, garlic, salt, and Hatch Red Chile Table Seasoning.
2. Place in Slow Cooker
Place in a 4- or 5-qt. slow cooker and top with onion, green chiles, salsa, cilantro, and broth
Cook, covered, on low for 7-8 hours or until meat is tender (you can use a Instapot and cook for 45 min in high-pressure heat or meat option).
4. Sherd Pork
Remove roast; shred with 2 forks.
5. Discard Juices
Discard cooking juices, reserving 1 cup. Return cooking juices and meat to the slow cooker.
6. Add Beans
Stir in beans and allow to heat through.
7. Cook Eggs
Meanwhile, coat a large skillet with cooking spray; place over medium-high heat. Working in batches, break eggs, 1 at a time, into pan; reduce heat to low. Cook until whites are set and yolks begin to thicken, turning once if desired.
Divide pork mixture among 12 serving bowls. Top with Papa’s Salsa, eggs, avocados, and additional cilantro. Serve with our Red or Green Chile tortillas.
Recipe by Chris Lang Fresh Chile
Green Chile Huevos Rancheros
I Love this food!! We just got back from Albuquerque, NM and we MISS IT ALREADY AND DEFINITELY MISS THE FOOD!!! How can i print out this recipe?
This looks like heaven