20 - 30 Minutes
4 - 8 Hours
4 ½ - 8 Hours
1,102 Calories Per Serving
Ingredients for Chicken Mixture:
- 1 package frozen empanada discs
- 6 - 8 small red potatoes
- 3 cups cooked & shredded chicken breast
- 2 tsp honey
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp Kosher salt
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp of Hatch Red Chile Table Seasoning
- 1 tsp of Hatch Green Chile Powder
- 3 tsp of Hatch Green Chile Spice
- ½ - ¾ jar of Hatch Red & Green Chile
Ingredients for Filling:
- 1 cup sharp cheddar or Mexican cheese, shredded
- 1 cup chopped green olives with pimento chopped
Ingredients for Ranchero Beans:
- 1/2 pound sliced bacon, cut crosswise in 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 teaspoons chopped bay leaves
- 1 tbsp of Hatch Green Chile Powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 medium yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeño seeded and chopped
- 1 (14-ounce) can fire roasted chopped tomatoes drained
- 2 (16-ounce) cans chile beans
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- ½ jar of Sun-Dried Red Chile Sauce
- ½ jar of Mama's Blended Hatch Chile Salsa
Instructions for Chicken Mixture:
1. Prepare Potatoes
Roast 6 to 8 small red potatoes with the skin still on them, cool them, and cut them into small pieces.
2. Cook Chicken
Cook a 1 lb chicken breast and shred. This will give you 3 cups of shredded chicken.
3. Add Spices
Add potatoes and spices to the chicken in a large bowl.
4. Defrost the Empanada Dicks
At this time, defrost the empanada disks.
Instructions for Assembly:
1. Fill Empanada Disk
Fill your disc enough with about 1/4 to1/2 cup of chicken mixture, about 1 teaspoon olives, and add some shredded cheese
fold the dough and crimp the edges completely with a fork.
Refrigerate and allow to cool.
Instructions for Ranchero Beans:
1. Heat a Skillet
Heat a large skillet over high heat for about 2 minutes.
2. Add Bacon
Add the bacon and fry until crispy, about 6 minutes, stirring frequently.
3. Set Baconm Aside
Transfer the bacon to a paper towel-lined plate to drain, and discard all but 1 tablespoon of bacon fat.
4. Add Rest of Ingredients
Add the Fresh Chile Chile powder, bay leaves, oregano, cumin, onions, jalapeno chile, tomatoes, Sun Dried Chile, Mama’s Salsa, beans and bacon to the skillet.
Cook the beans on low for about 20 to 30 minutes, stirring occasionally
Top with two tablespoons of shredded Monterey Jack or crumbled Cotija, a Mexican cheese. I plated our dinner and also made some guacamole with a couple of California avocados, mashed 1/2 jar Red & Green Blend, and about 1 tsp of kosher salt. I added a little shredded lettuce and green onion, and a sprinkle of Mexican shredded cheese to finish off the plate.
Recipe by Cindy Duncan from Fresh Chile Cookin’! group on Facebook.
Fresh Chile customers submitted the following recipes. As home cooks, they have only provided the following instructions. Please note that some recipes do not contain exact measurements. We encourage you to use our products with as little or as much as you would like to experience. Happy Cooking!
Red Chile Empanadas,