Hearty Mexican New England Clam Chowder in the pressure cooker
1. 3 cans of clams and water from clams
2. 5 slices of FCC Bacon (find that recipe HERE)
3. 16 oz of raw deveined shrimp (shell and tail removed)
4. 6 medium-sized potatoes
5. 1 cup chopped onion
6. 2 celery sticks, chopped into small pieces
7. 3 cups of chicken stock (use all the water from the cans of clams and then tap water mixed with your chicken stock)
8. 1 cup of heavy whipping cream
9. 1/2 jar FCC Pure Green Chile
10. 1Tbsp FCC Posole Seasoning
11. 2 Tbsp garlic
12. 1 Tbsp butter
13. 3 Tbsp cornmeal
14. 3 chopped scallions (optional)
Start by sautéing the bacon until the fat has rendered out (not crispy), add the butter, onions, and garlic, and sauté until onions are translucent. Add all other ingredients except for the drained clams, shrimp, heavy whipping cream, and cornmeal. Place the pressure cooker on high pressure for 7 minutes. Then do a quick release. Place the pressure cooker on browning, use a mashed potato smasher and mash the potatoes in the pot into small pieces of potatoes (don’t over smash the potatoes). Mix the cornmeal (this makes the soup thicker), then add the shrimp, heavy whipping cream, and clams. Cook for an additional 5 minutes, stirring every minute or so. Serve with chopped scallions on top and with your favorite dinner bread. Enjoy!
Recipe by Cathy Williams Negley from Fresh Chile Cookin'! group on Facebook.
Fresh Chile customers submitted the following recipes. As home cooks, they have only provided the following instructions. Please note that some recipes do not contain exact measurements. We encourage you to use our products with as little or as much as you would like to experience. Happy Cooking!