1/2 Medium Onion, chopped
2 Tbsp Olive Oil (or vegetable oil)
2 Cups Mahatma Long Grain Rice
23oz Tomato Sauce (1 – 15oz and 1 – 8oz cans)
½ Jar Fresh Red Chile Sauce
48oz Box Chicken Broth
1 cup Water (as needed)
- Add 2 Tbsp Olive Oil to skillet and turn to medium-high heat.
- Add rice and onion to skillet and mix well with the oil. Cook for about 4 or 5 minutes stirring continuously.
- Pour the tomato sauce all over the rice/onions and combine. Cook until toasted – can take about 15 minutes, continue to stir every couple of minutes to avoid scorching.
- Add in the chicken broth and cover. Cook on medium heat.
- When rice is almost done cooking (still al dente) and most of the chicken broth liquid is gone, add in the Fresh Red Chile Sauce, stirring well to combine throughout the rice. Then add (about) a ½ cup of water to finish cooking until rice is no longer al dente. Add more water as needed.
- Serve and Enjoy!