Hatch Chile French Fries
1. Boil a pot of water on medium-high heat.
2. Preheat the oven to 450°F.
3. Peel the potatoes and slice them into 1/2-inch sheets before cutting them into 1/2-inch thick fries.
4. When the water has boiled, add the vinegar and a pinch of salt, stirring to dissolve the salt.
5. Set a timer for 8 minutes and add the potatoes to the boiling water.
6. As soon as the time is up, pour the fries into a colander and let the excess steam evaporate.
7. Pour the olive oil over the fries on a large baking sheet.
8. Combine the fries and toss them about so that the oil completely coats the exterior of each one.
9. There should be a thin layer of extra oil on the pan.
10. Set a timer for 15 minutes after placing the pan in the oven.
11. Flip them over with a spatula after removing the baking sheet.
12. You should see some scorching, but the fries won't be overly crisp. If they seem dry, drizzle over more olive oil.
13. Bake for an additional 15-20 minutes.
14. They should be somewhat browned and crispy at this time. Depending on the size of the fry or how much oil is used, this process could take longer.
15. Allow them to cook longer if they are not crispy!
16. Put a paper towel in a bowl.
17. Place the fries in the bowl and sprinkle with salt & Hatch Table Seasoning.
18. Use a paper towel to absorb the excess oil from the fries.
19. Grab a jar of Hatchup and pour it into a ramekin.
20. Dip Hatch Chile French Fry into Hatchup and let your mouth go wild with spicy ketchup flavors bursting throughout!
Recipe inspired by Ethan Chlebowski - Crispy Oven Fries