Roasted Cauliflower Soup using Fresh Chile Hatch Spice Blend
* 1 head of cauliflower, cut into florets
* 1 white onion, diced
* 5 (or more) cloves of garlic
* 6 cups of chicken or vegetable broth
* 4 tablespoons of olive oil, divided
* 1/4 cup of grated parmesan or cheddar cheese
* Hatch Spice Blend to taste
* Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
* Place cauliflower florets and garlic onto a baking sheet. Drizzle with 2 Tbsp of olive oil and season generously with salt and pepper. Toss the cauliflower in a large bowl, then coat in the oil and Hatch Spice Blend. Pour it all onto the baking sheet, and spread it into an even layer.
* Roast garlic and cauliflower for 20-25 minutes. Stir halfway through and spread out again.
* Once garlic and cauliflower are done, remove the garlic cloves and mince them.
* Place a large pot over medium heat; add 1 Tbsp olive oil. Once the oil is hot, add the onion and sauté for 5 to 7 minutes or until softened.
* Add garlic to the pot and cook for 1 minute until fragrant.
* Add the roasted cauliflower florets to the pot, pour in the broth, bring to a simmer, and then cover.
* After simmering for about 10 minutes, ladle soup into a blender and purée until smooth and pour back into the pot (you can also use an immersion blender to puree the soup until smooth right in the pot).
* Portion soup into bowls. Garnish each bowl with a sprinkle of grated parmesan or cheddar, black pepper, Hatch Spice Blend, 1 roasted cauliflower floret, and some green onion. Serve warm.
Recipe by Lisa Bandy from Fresh Chile Cookin'! group from Facebook.
Fresh Chile customers submitted the following recipes. As home cooks, they have only provided the following instructions. Please note that some recipes do not contain exact measurements. We encourage you to use our products with as little or as much as you would like to experience. Happy Cooking!