Hatch Green Chile Chicken Chili
One rotisserie chicken, shredded or 1 lb cooked and shredded chicken breast
1 TBSP olive oil
One yellow onion, chopped
2-3 garlic cloves
1/2 tsp cayenne
2 tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp Hatch Chile Powder
1 tsp dried oregano
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp salt (I used kosher)
1 16 oz jar of FCC Pure Green Chile (Med)
1 15 oz can corn, drained
32 oz chicken broth
1 cup sour cream
1/2 cup fresh cilantro chopped
Juice of two limes
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Heat 1 TBSP of olive oil in a large, heavy pot with a lid over medium-high heat until hot.
2. Add chopped onions and sauté over med/med-high heat for about 4 minutes until softened.
3. Add in crushed garlic and cook for another 30 seconds until fragrant. Then add a jar of Hatch Pure Green Chile (Medium) and cook until heated through, about a minute or two.
4. Add in spices, hominy, corn, and shredded chicken and cook for 1 minute until combined and heated through.
5. Stream in chicken broth bring to a boil. Once boiling, turn to low, cover, and simmer on low for around 10 minutes.
6. Remove from heat and stir in sour cream and cilantro.
7. Squeeze in the juice of 2 limes and taste for seasoning. Add additional salt and pepper if necessary.
8. If desired, serve with crushed tortilla chips, green onions, avocados, shredded cheese, and/or a dollop of sour cream. I recommend all of the above.
Recipe by Gail Reisenauer in the Fresh Chile Cookin' Group
Fresh Chile customers submitted the following recipes. As home cooks, they have only provided the following instructions. Please note that some recipes do not contain exact measurements. We encourage you to use our products with as little or as much as you would like to experience. Happy Cooking!