Green Chile Pork Posole
I made my version of Posole.
One pound of dry Posole (Hominy) corn soaked and cooked per your package directions. (Fresh Chile Company)
1 pound of beans soaked and cooked per directions
1, 4 oz jar of Posole Seasoning (Fresh Chile Company)
1, 16 oz jar of Fresh Green Chile, mild or your choice, (Fresh Chile Company)
4 oz of mixed Red & Green Blend (Fresh Chile Company)
8.5 pounds of pork butt roast
Five onions chopped
1/2 c olive oil
1) after cooking the Posole and Beans, discard the bean water but save the Corn water.
2) in a LARGE roaster, sear the pork on all four sides in olive oil.
3) once the pork is crispy on the outside, set aside, and in the same pan, sauté the onions.
4) Add the beans and the Posole corn solids to the onion pan. Add in the liquid, spices, and sauces. Pour into the pan.
5) add the seared Pork butt to the top of the pan and push down until covered. Add the lid onto the pan and put it into a cold oven.
6) Bake in a 300-degree oven for hours (6+) until the pork reaches 175 internal temperature. Take the lid off and bake another hour.
7) let cool, take the meat off the bone, and add to the mix.
Good hot that day but even better the next day! Can add toppings of cabbage, tomatoes, cheese, etc., as desired.
Makes 20 servings or more. Freezes well.
Recipe by Karen Krewer from the Fresh Chile Cookin' Group
Fresh Chile customers submitted the following recipes. As home cooks, they have only provided the following instructions. Please note that some recipes do not contain exact measurements. We encourage you to use our products with as little or as much as you would like to experience. Happy Cooking!