Now Hiring: Kitchen Production Manager
The Fresh Chile Company provides Hatch Chile sauces and products to consumers all across the United States. The Fresh Chile Company is based out of Las Cruces, New Mexico and is looking to hire personnel for a new processing plant that will ensure the highest quality of freshness for their customer's favorite products.
Oversee the food production process in accordance with company standards and procedures. Oversee and supervise culinary staff during production.
- Minimum of three years’ prior experience as a chef in a banquet department, catering venue, country club or production plant.
- Prior supervisory experience in a kitchen or culinary department.
- Full knowledge of methods, procedures and quality standards relating to company products as well as basic kitchen procedures and terminology.
- Ability to utilize company policies to successfully uphold quality and consistency in all menu items prepared and served.
- New Mexico Health Department certification.
- Ability to effectively demonstrate and communicate the quality mission of the company to all associates.
- Ability to communicate work-related information to coworkers and supervisors.
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time with limited breaks.
- Ability to push, pull, lift or carry up to 50 lbs. Ability to push, pull, lift or carry up to 1,000 lbs. with the aid of a rolling cart made available by the company.
- Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers, some who may require extreme levels of patience, tact, and diplomacy to defuse anger and resolve problems quickly and efficiently.
- Ability to withstand extreme temperatures in the kitchen working environment, ranging from 0 to 120 degrees.
- Ability to visually inspect, taste and smell product to ensure freshness and quality.
- Ability to communicate effectively with associates, management, clients, and vendors if necessary.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to accommodate business levels.
- Ability to work extended hours during Chile harvest and production season.
- Hire, coach, counsel, and conduct performance evaluations of staff. (Managers only.)
- Develop, train and mentor staff and act as a resource to them. (Managers only.)
- Open production kitchen and complete a general overview of day’s production.
- Designate production teams and team leaders.
- Determine priorities of production staff.
- Supervise production staff to ensure efficiency, quality, cleanliness, organization, and proficiency.
- Lead a team during production.
- Ensure quality of food produced by all team members while adhering to specified time limits.
- Work with purchasing manager to assess the arrival of orders and future product needs. Communicate with purchasing manager regarding the pace of production staff to prevent missed orders and over ordering.
- Create daily production sheets, reschedule sheets, party check-off sheets, and recovery sheets.
- Maintain inventory of production equipment, and communicate any concerns or needs.
- Supervise proper storage and cleanliness of walk-in coolers.
- Ensure proper Standard Sanitation Operating Procedures (SSOP) are maintained.
- Communicate orally and in writing with Director of Operations and production team pertaining to the outcome of special nuances of each food item and execution of events. This communication is to include the performance of all individuals involved, quality and quantity of food prepared, and facility and equipment.
- Participate in any meetings, including weekly kitchen and any other companywide.
- Any other assignments as designated by the executive chef or executive sous chef.
- Travel, as necessary, to different properties/venues.
- Perform all reasonable requests from the management team.
- Attend and participate in all scheduled meetings and training sessions.
- Follow proper time-keeping policies and procedures.
- Follow the sign-in and sign-out procedure for keys.
- Know and follow all company emergency and safety procedures.
- Always practice company culture.
- Protect assets of the property.
- Maintain professional appearance and behavior when in contact with guests and associates.
- Follow policies and procedures in training manuals and associate handbook.
- Always remember we are in a partnership with our guests, fellow associates, and owners to provide quality service and profitability.
- Regular attendance in conformance with the company standards, which may be revised by the company from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position.
The Fresh Chile Company is an equal opportunity employer.
- Customer Service